I'm not a huge "make a big deal of the new year rolling in" gal, but I do take a moment to think back on the past 365 days and reflect on the path taken.
2011 was a year of highs, lows, sideways, backwards and forwards. Through it all, I weathered the storm and came out all the better.
Highlights of 2011:
1. Leonard (aka BootNabber) came into my life, or me in his, not sure which
2. I found the most amazing group of runners and am lucky to feel part of a running community. I posted about this before, but they will never truly understand what they bring to my life.
3. I stayed gainfully employed. I never take this for granted.
4. I was lucky enough to say goodbye in person to an amazing women. A women I called "grandmother" for many decades.
5. I continued to complete 26.2 miles this past year; twice over
6. I felt loved all year long by my family
7. I was graced every day with wisdom, kindness, love and attention by my best friends; Sandi and Ben.
8. I've grown as a person a lot in the past year. I think my friends would say I am stronger, wiser and braver than I have ever been.
9. While I haven't found love, I have met some wonderful people along the way and still believe the love of my life is out there; somewhere. Yes, I'm a romantic at heart :-)